Student Support Officer SSO
ABOUT IQRA COLLEGE
IQRA College is an Islamic-centred independent school aimed at generating practicing Muslim students who are excelling in education and contributing to the advancement of mankind..
The Student Support Officer (SSO) at IQRA College plays a crucial role in providing support and assistance to student with diverse learning needs. This position is integral to ensuring that all students receive the necessary support to succeed in their educational journey.
Support for students with diverse learning needs:
- Collaborate with the NCCD co-ordinator, teachers, parents, and other relevant agencies to develop and implement Individualized Learning Plans (ILPs).
- Provide targeted support to help student access and engage in the curriculum.
- Adapt teaching strategies and materials to accommodate the diverse learning styles and needs of students.
- Work closely with English as an Additional Dialect or language (EALD) students to facilitate their language acquisition.
- Provide individual and group support for students to enhance their English language skills, including reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to differentiate instruction and adapt curriculum materials to meet the needs of students.
- Foster an inclusive and supportive learning environment where every student feels safe, valued, and respected.
- Promote diversity and multicultural understanding within the school community, including embracing Islamic cultural perspectives.
Data Collection and Reporting:
- Maintain accurate records of student progress and interventions.
- Regularly assess, monitor, and report on the academic and social development of students with diverse learning needs, with the support of the home group teacher and NCCD co-ordinator.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers, parents, special education professionals, and other relevant stakeholders to ensure a holistic and effective support system for students.
- Attend relevant meetings and professional development to stay updated on best practices in EALD and education for students with other diverse learning needs.
Crisis Intervention and Behavioural Support:
- Provide support and guidance during behavioural crises and help implement strategies to manage challenging behaviours, as needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Understanding and appreciation of Islamic values and cultural sensitivities.
- Strong communication skills, with an excellent command of spoken and written English. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the Australian Curriculum and experience in supporting students.
- Familiarity with inclusive education practices and differentiated instruction.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Empathy, patience, and a commitment to the holistic development of each student.
- A valid Working with Children Check.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Compliance with any additional state or territory-specific requirements for student support personnel.
If you are interested in joining this amazing team at IQRA College, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via seek.